Friday, December 08, 2006

It's been said that there's a 1st time for everything


I've never order groceries online before. I always thought it not-so convenient and a little gratuitous . After all, for a busy person like myself who doesn't really spend a ton of time at home, waiting for a deliveryman to come during a 5 hour window doesn't really seem all that convenient to me. And I'm mostly grocery shopping on the fly (which come to think of it, isn't really a convenient strategy). But now, with a broken foot, it seems quite the accomodating service. Just placed a $50 order with peapod.com. The website was very easy to use. Navigation-wise it was simple and technology-wise, it was actually refreshingly fast and easy. The screen refreshes quickly and doesn't bog down or pop up random errors or special offers. It also doesn't have any quirks that you come to expect from random shopping websites. Overall good experience.Well, let's say overall good ORDERING experience. We'll see about delivery and timing, etc etc. For the record, I can go back in and edit the delivery times if I so choose. Interesting set of possibilities with the service. As a bonus, I did a quick google search for "peapod coupons" and multiple sites popped up showing a code "AFFL3"for a $10 discount for new customers. Also, you can put a friend's email in and get them $10 as well for referring you there. This might become a regular affair. Me and Peapod.

2 comments:

Julia said...

freshdirect is the new york version of this and it's hugely popular. we haven't done it yet because at the old place they didn't deliver to that building and at the new place i've been too busy to sit down and figure it out and marcus mostly does the shopping for what he wants to cook that day. however, there is a deal right now with timewarner cable to get free 50$ order for first timers so i am going to try it. i'll let you know. having a doorman makes it a no-brainer since you don't have to wait the 5 hrs for the food to arrive. :) jules

JK said...

Jules, it looks like peapod delivers there too. Just so there's options. BTW: my food came this morning. (He got me out of bed.) Everything was extremely fresh and cold. So far, Peapod gets an A for excellence. And it cost me nothing since I had a $10 first-timer discount (delivery fee was 9.95 I think) and plus since I forgot to tip the guy. I actually feel bad about that. He came up all my stairs twice with the stuff and I just signed for it and closed the door. I was all excited for the food and I had literally just rolled out of bed and ran (hopped) to the door. Damn.